Monday, August 10, 2026

Rainbow over Mount Mansfield



 

85 Days ‘til the Midterm Elections

18 comments:

  1. That is a most magnificent rainbow! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concur. Lovely and clear, and a full arch. That's a photo to keep.

      Delete
  2. Spinnaker went to the vet today for her annual physical and recheck bloodwork on her kidney issues. And the results just came in!
    Her values are better!! Getting the kidney diet isn’t as important now. I’m waiting on clarification of whether she needs the kidney diet at all. So it seems she only had the raised kidney values because she had a UTI...!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONFIRMED! All Spinnaker's values are normal. She does NOT have kidney disease. The only reason three values were slightly elevated in June was due to her UTI. I am so happy she's FINE!!!! I'm also so sad she went through so many visits and tests and procedures! Today it took no less than 8 needle pokes to get her blood draw. The vet never was able. She called in another staff member who got it first time! Spinnaker was really getting to be in distress. But now she doesn't need another recheck for 3-6 months. We're thinking 6-12 months! It will depend on seeing any symptoms or changes.

      Delete
  3. As of today, we are up to 11 Monarch chrysalides with three more caterpillars getting large and a bunch more very little ones, plus a few eggs. The hatching all begins sometime next weekend or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A home care aid has been seen entering McConnell's home and other tidbits.

    Video: MAJOR Update From Mitch McConnell’s Home, I CAUGHT the TRUTH!! - Click

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, he is very ill. IMO it is a sin that his wife and staff don't release the whole truth so that, at minimum, the Senate can relieve him of his committee assignments and get back to work and, more importantly, the man can be left in peace to convalesce or to die. This whole circus is not only crude but disrespectful. As I may have said before, I find it distasteful.

      Delete
    2. It's wrong for them to hide McConnell's condition from the public. You said that well.

      It also feels wrong to me for TMZ to constantly ask the home health aids for information. They have a confidentiality duty, and the McConnell family not being forthcoming isn't their fault.

      Delete
    3. Cat: Why do you say McConnel is very ill? Because he saw a home health aid? I see a home health nurse weekly. Would you call me seriously ill?

      Delete
    4. I would not call you very ill now, W.A., though for a while it certainly seemed like you were. However, at no time were you completely incommunicado. No matter where you were or what you were doing over the past eighteen months (to pick a time period at random) you always eventually managed to post here to let us know you were alive and kicking. When I chased you down at the hospital, you were able to talk lucidly and cheerfully, and you've continued to be around here, if perhaps not as frequently as the rest of us might like.

      Sen. McConnell has been incommunicado - I do not count those photos and the releases put out by his office which are, if not out and out fakes, certainly highly dubious as proof of anything. We get second and thirdhand accounts of phone calls, but no audio. He doesn't call in to Fox or local Kentucky TV and radio stations. The inference may be erroneous and yet it is inevitable that he doesn't because he can't. His staffers and colleagues flatly refuse to answer the most basic of questions: Have you seen or talked to the Senator? How is he doing? IMO that's just plain weird. Any normal person, in any normal situation would say, "Yes, he's still not strong enough for long visits, but I saw and spoke with him briefly yesterday. He's making good progress." or, "I haven't been able to visit with Sen. McConnell myself, but I hear from reliable sources that he's making a good recovery. I wish him well and hope to see him back here at the Capitol soon." or, "No, but I speak with Elaine regularly. She's holding up well and she assures me that Mitch is in good spirits and making good progress. We all hold them both in our prayers." Again, the inference is unavoidable that he is not doing well and that every possible string is being pulled to hide the extent of his illness, incapacity, whatever. The longer the farce goes on, the creepier and less credible it becomes. To me, the home health aid is merely one link in an ever lengthening chain of fragmentary evidence and inference that the senator' health is poor and improving extraordinarily slowly if at all.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. INTENSE thunderstorms rolloing throiugh here tonight!! There was even a tornado warning NW of us. Wild!
      Planet Earth is struggling.

      Delete
    2. Yesterday evening we had a microburst. No damage on our street, remarkably, but elsewhere in the neighborhood trees and powerlines were down. The roof and upper story of an apartment house were stove in. All very frightening.

      Delete
  6. I watched Jackie and Shadow raise a second clutch of eggs this season after the first clutch was destroyed and eaten by ravens. This was sad news to see today.

    Jackie, arguably the world’s most famous bald eagle, dies after mysterious illness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that the second clutch was successful! Jackie did her part to keep the species going.

      Delete
  7. 7.4 earthquake in Columbia. And my first thought was that Shiloh had been there a number of times. So many people killed, and injured and buildings collapsed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Carterfication of Trump has begun.

    Video: Holy sh*t we lost… - Click

    BTW These guys do not understand the art of headline writing. It drives me bonkers!

    ReplyDelete