Friday, August 07, 2026

Garden Flowers in the Guest Room

          

            88 Days until the Midterm Elections!

5 comments:

  1. via Meidas Touch:

    🚨 MAJOR NEWS: In a huge political development out of Georgia, two Republican mayors from deep-red South Georgia have crossed party lines to endorse Democratic Sen. Jon Ossoff's reelection campaign.

    Tifton Mayor Julie Smith, a Republican, said Ossoff's work for her community transcended party politics. "I'm a Republican, but there are times when a person exceeds the party," she said, praising his efforts to secure federal support for projects across the region.

    Valdosta Mayor Scott James Matheson, who describes himself as a "hard-core conservative," said Ossoff earned his endorsement by showing up and delivering for the city, especially after devastating hurricanes. "I will take heat for this endorsement, and it doesn't matter," Matheson said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'm getting on somebody's list. I just went to Etsy and bought a "is he dead yet" hat and a "waiting for the big beautiful obituary" T-shirt. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great T-shirt, Susan. Wear it with pride!

      Delete
  3. That works on several levels!! DT ... McConnell ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, this was another of those days that ended better than it began. The first thing I saw this morning was that the Robin's nest was missing. Some creature had apparently climbed up (leaving claw marks in the porch rail) and flipped the nest out of the wreath. It must have landed upside down, as all three eggs were smashed on the porch floor, and the nest was half way across the porch somehow. I felt so sad. That poor Mama Robin, who has worked so very hard!

    Then I saw that the five caterpillars that were hanging in a J shape had all made their chrysalides. Unfortunately, the other 6 caterpillars had eaten so much of the remaining Milkweed plants that I had to replenish them. I say "unfortunately" because it meant I couldn't just leave the chrysalides to rest for 24 hours before replenishing the Milkweed, especially as multiple caterpillars were munching on leaves that the chrysalides were using! Four of the five had been made on the underside of leaves that will wilt before the butterfly can emerge. So, I carefully pinned the leaves of the chrysalises, inside the top of the mesh habitat. But!!! In moving one of the leaves that two caterpillars were on, I didn't see that there was a chrysalis beneath that one and apparently bumped it on the habitat door. Oy! Oy! Oy! I had no idear where the 5th chrysalis had gone until I found the one I had accidentally broken. I felt gutted!!

    Right after that, however, I noticed that an egg had just hatched and later in the day another hatched, and that somehow made me feel forgiven. Still. But then I found three more eggs! So I guess we may end with more than 20 butterflies yet. It also didn't hurt that I got to spend four hours oil painting!

    ReplyDelete