Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Black-Crowned Night Heron


Look who showed up on the boat next to ours!


83 Days ‘til the Midterm Elections

17 comments:

  1. πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³

    Yesterday in my little town, there were 1233 votes cast.

    ✅ 4 on the Progressive ballot
    ✅ 141 on the Republican ballot
    ✅ 1088 on the Democrat ballot

    πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³πŸ—³

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Wil and I heard about this today too. It's disgusting! 9 months at sea, not enough food and running out of sanitary supplies...?! What the actual heck??? Service members have tried to jump off the ship it's so bad!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I applaud her leaving and even applaud her waiting until her maternity leave was over to announce it. Being up in the middle of the night with a baby, seeing their firsts and making sure that their older sibling feels loved and included is a lot of work; but it has to be better than dealing with an 80 year old baby!

      I figure it just felt so good when it stopped.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I seriously doubt Caroline has ever touched a crying baby or a bottle or a soiled diaper in her life.

      Delete
  4. Headline from The Bulwark seen on YouTube: Nate Silver Just Put Texas in the Democrat Column, for whatever that may be worth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It is sobering to reflect that the conditions on the Abraham Lincoln are, and for some time have been, eerily similar to conditions in ICE concentration camps. But then, Trump holds our servicemen in just about the same level of esteem as non native born Americans, filthy draft dodger and racist that he is.

      Delete
    2. It has always pissed me off that Clinton was a draft dodger. And yet, Clinton earned a Rhodes scholarship, something Trump couldn't even dream of, and probably couldn't spell. And Clinton, whatever one may think of him, did in fact go on to a life of public service. I may find it dishonorable, but it wasn't actually illegal or immoral to take a deferment to accept the Rhodes. Trump couldn't even dodge the draft by himself. Rumor has it, Fred himself pressured some hapless chiropractor or some such to lie and say Donald had bone spurs. Ever since hearing about that, I wondered what happened to the doctor. Fred and Donald didn't care if he lost his license and livelihood so Donald could spend the late 60s and early 70s working out how not to contract venereal disease. Clinton has never been my cup of tea. Still, for all his many faults, he is a paragon as a human being compared to Trump, who gives scum a bad name.

      Delete
    3. There was so much HOPE when Clinton took office..."the repairer of the breach" and all that. But he was warped by power and threw away the chance. And when he did, he broke the trust that We the People had placed in him. And it's a big part of why we lost the next election. Things went downhill. President Obama proved to be a worthy human and statesman. He did a lot of good. But he tried too hard to work with everyone and we didn't get very far in the end. I imagine he was trying hard because he was the first black president and that's not unlike being the first woman CEO, with everyone watching and waiting for you to trip up. It can make you overly cautious. I wish we could have him back in office, knowing what he knows now.

      Delete
    4. I think Obama largely candoned his attempt to work with Republicans after about six months. It worked in Illinois but not in DC. Republicans still had enough votes to be a problem, though. Still We got Obamacare despite a couple of weakening amendments. MUCH better than nothing.

      Delete
    5. His first term in office he had more than six months in which he could have made headway, but it got squandered on olive branches. Once we hit the midterms, he lost that clout.

      Delete
  6. Too bad I couldn't make time to come here yesterday. I could have replied to Cat's final post: Born this day 1936. W. A. Thomasson, US journalist/author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ‼️‼️‼️‼️❗️

      Delete
    2. Happy Belated Birthday, W.A.! I knew the big day was sometime in August, but couldn't remember the precise date. I hope you had a lovely day. HUG

      Delete
  7. Seen on YouTube

    Senator Reverend Raphael Warnock
    12 hours ago
    Donald Trump has profited over $2 billion while in office. Talk about waste, fraud, and abuse.

    ReplyDelete