Monday, July 27, 2026

The Garden in July



99 Days until the Midterm Election!
 

13 comments:

  1. Listener, your garden photos always remind me of Rivendell for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High praise indeed!!
      Of course, I have a grand named Lorien after Lothlorien. She says her spirit animal is a sloth, so sometimes we FONDLY call her SlothLorien. 🌿

      Delete
  2. Hi all. I'm off to an appointment with my audiologist shortly. Busy couple of days. My favorite daughter is okay, but I was on the phone with her Thursday when she was involved in a car accident. Called her husband to alert him and they have that app that tracks your family members so he got to her in about ten minutes. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, Susan, scary! I'm glad she's all right. ♥

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh myyyy, Susan! What a massive relief that she's okay!
      Those must have been the longest 10 minutes of her husband's life.
      Were you actually on the phone with her as the accident occurred? So scary for all of you...!
      How did the car do?

      Delete
    3. Yes, I was actually on the phone with her and heard the crash and she exclaimed OH! and then her phone went dead. She was on her way home from her second job and near home, so I called Sean, SIL, and he was able to get to her quickly. She called me back afterwards. Don't know the status of the car yet as the adjuster hasn't looked at it. That car was newish and her pride and joy. While I was talking to her Sean and Alex (grand) arrived. Susan

      Delete
    4. Wow. It was good that you were able ot send help so quickly! I hope her car can either be repaired or she gets a big fat check to get another.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That was interesting--the idea that maybe he is doing better than people believe, but if he comes back to D.C. he just gets pressured by Trump about the SAVE act.

      I forget what I was listening to recently countering the "Olive Garden has stricter rules than voting" claim. But someone said, actually "Olive Garden" rules are what we have *now* for voting--needing a valid photo ID but not needing your actual birth certificate.

      Delete
    2. Saw this posted by someone named Donny Evans, on Heather Cox Richardson's FB page:

      🔴 BREAKING (12:34 p.m. ET): McConnell Leaves Hospital but Remains Medically Barred From Returning to Senate

      Sen. Mitch McConnell has been discharged from hospital care following his June 14 fall, though he remains in a rehabilitation facility and has not been medically cleared to return to the Capitol, his office said Monday.

      Senator Mitch McConnell (R–KY). Photo: Aaron Schwartz/Sipa via AP Images
      “I’m still working hard to get back to my full schedule of work in the Senate and in Kentucky, keeping up with intense physical therapy per my doctors’ orders,” McConnell, 84, said in a statement released by his office.

      “Unfortunately, that means I won’t be able to make it to Fancy Farm, Kentucky this Saturday.”

      The Office of the Attending Physician said doctors are visiting McConnell daily as he undergoes multiple physical therapy and rehabilitation sessions each day to rebuild his strength and reduce the risk of another fall.

      “Senator McConnell continues his recovery from a fall at home in June. OAP physicians visit with the Senator every day, discussing all aspects of his rehabilitation care. Since his discharge from hospital care, he has maintained a strenuous course of physical therapy and rehabilitation, including multiple sessions a day designed to rebuild strength and reduce the risk of future falls. His bout with childhood polio continues to be a significant factor in his mobility. He is not yet medically cleared to leave the rehab facility and return to the office.”

      McConnell’s office did not provide a timetable for his return to in-person Senate work.

      Delete
  4. Monsieur Ginger's videos are an interesting blend of absurd and kind of deep:
    A Cat Explains the Difference Between Loneliness and Solitude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to have taken so long to post today...
    GRAND on the premises! 😃

    How are you, W.A.? Please check in when you can.

    ReplyDelete