Sunday, April 27, 2014

TAEKWONDO!

listener's eldest is an International Taekwondo Referee with a 5th degree black belt.
He teaches TKD at UVM.

(Just right of center)




Recently, RPI had to step down as host of this year's Eastern Collegiate Taekwondo Conference, so UVM offered and was chosen to host.  It's a big deal for the small group; today is the Tournament!  http://ectc-online.orghttp://ectc-online.org 
Alums are coming in to assist, including PhD*Son who has a 3rd degree black belt and ME*Daughter-in-Law who also has a black belt.  (They teach TKD to children in Maine.)

The best part is that we will see all 5 of our children and all 4 grands this weekend! :-)


8 comments:

  1. Howard is still first.

    Way, way back in the day I took Taekwondo. Never got beyond a green belt though. I didn't want to hit or kick anyone and I didn't want anyone to hit or kick me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you're coming from - I wouldn't like tat either but it might be a smidgy bit limiting in the martial arts. 8)

      Delete
  2. I hope everybody had a peaceful Mercy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had French Toast for breakfast, took care of some odds and ends in the morning (including labels for some paintings Miyoko will have in an art show), then pulled and hoed a bunch of wees in the front yard and cleaned the front walk and stoop for delivery of the clock we are expecting tomorrow. Mostly relaxation time tonight for us both; I have to take care of reviewing documents in one case, but that shouldn't take long, then a movie. (I am sure I already reviewed the case documents, but darned if I can find my notes.)

      TTFN

      --Alan

      P.S.: I never heard of "Mercy Sunday," so off to Wikipedia to get educated.

      Delete
    2. IIRC the Sunday following Easter Sunday used to be Trinity Sunday. Round about the turn of this century Pope John Paul II designated it as Mercy Sunday as connected with the devotion to Our Lord in his aspect as the Divine Mercy as revealed to Blessed, now Saint Faustina Kawalska in the 1930s. It's rather a lovely devotion, with an image and a chaplet of prayers, a whole structure, along the same lines as the devotion to the Sacred Heart.

      Delete
  3. Coming up for air after a three day immersion in Downton Abbey. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say, HI! Nothing much going on but work.

    ReplyDelete