Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas



Church this morning was a very weird experience. I was the only person there without a "speaking part". There was the priest, the deacon, the deacon's husband (doing the readings) and me. But there was still a sermon. The priest started out by saying, "I know I'm getting old when I almost like it better this way."

The big services were last night, but I used that time to reconnect with a friend I haven't seen in four years. Her husband had the kids and she was spending Christmas Eve alone. As I think about it, for this year, the small, quiet service was what I needed this year anyway.

After church, I went to see The Curious Tale of Benjamin Button. I figured that was enough of a "chick movie" that Demetrius wouldn't mind missing it. But he was with me in spirit, every time there was a point in the film I knew would have him groaning (or playing a tiny little imaginary violin). ;)




Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment