Friday, April 25, 2008

Hillary and Barbie

I hate when this happens. I manage to write a long-ish comment (to this post at Plunderbund, which was referencing the image I posted last night), only to have the comment eaten by internet gremlins. Good thing I saved it to clipboard. Anyway, the following is in response to this discussion.


Haven't looked at the TNR thing close up, so can't really comment on it. Work has been mentally exhausting enough lately that I rarely feel like writing much at the end of the day. Occasionally there is some little nugget that will come together almost without effort--usually a response to something I've read. And sometimes what occurs to me will be an image.

I was thinking yesterday about how much I don't identify with Hillary or consider her to be a good role model or someone worthy of my "gender loyalty". Or whatever it's called. Anyway, it occurred to me that I wanted to Photoshop that image. Partly, I guess, because I never liked Barbie as a "role model", and the "Teen Talk" version that briefly uttered the words "math is hard" was kind of the epitome of that.

I thought I was going to write something about that, but by the time I got home, I realized that just wasn't going to happen.

Maybe I'll think of more to write about this later. But now, since I'm wiped out but need to go in to work tomorrow, I'm going to call it a night.

Update: Apparently the phrase was "math class is hard".

Haloscan comment thread