Thursday, December 13, 2007

'Tis the season...

I read this story:

"Merry Christmas" a group called, and this guy and three friends called back "Happy Hanukkah!" So ten people jumped them.

At least a good Samaritan came to their aid--a Muslim. He confirms that nothing else was said; there was no antagonism, just the greeting. He got beaten too.
And the story about the "Christmas is wonderful" resolution that was passed by the House of Representatives. And I just came up short. As I wrote here, I'm really at a loss.

We need to do something.

Something positive. And now.

I'm at a loss. It's like those dreams I have where I try to scream and nothing comes out. I feel immobilized.

I know what not to do. Talking about "those people" and how horrible they are will not make it better. I'm not criticizing anyone for doing so, because the impulse can be hard to resist.

But we need to start recognizing our common humanity. Can't do that by pointing fingers, though. I'm pretty sure we need to lead by example.

That's all I've got, though. No wonder I don't blog much these days.
I'm still pretty stumped by all of this. But I thought this might be a good time to post the bumper sticker I made a couple days ago...

We are all God's children...and God doesn't care "who started it"

Haloscan comment thread