Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Orthodox Rabbi: Don't use Bible to judge others

This morning I noticed that Joseph at Plunderbund had posted the following:

Orthodox Rabbi: Don’t Use the Bible to Pass Judgement on Others

Living in a college town like Columbus, Ohio means people tend to be open to many different viewpoints. It also means they are less likely to judge viewpoints that are different from her own.

It’s one of the reasons I moved back here.

It’s also, I assume, one of the reasons Rabbi Steven Greenberg is in town.

Greenberg, “America’s first openly gay Orthodox rabbi”, was here to give a sermon and speak at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church on the OSU campus.
I was actually there at St. Stephen's to hear Rabbi Greenberg's sermon--really a piece of luck, as I've missed church a lot lately to catch up on my sleep and I didn't know he was coming. He gave a fascinating sermon, and was back in the afternoon to talk about some of the issues he covered in his book, Wrestling with God and Men: Homosexuality in the Jewish Tradition.

I haven't had a chance to write anything yet about the sermon or the afternoon session, so I'm happy to at least be able to link to Joseph's post at Plunderbund.

Haloscan comment thread

No comments:

Post a Comment