Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Centrist Blogosphere?

In the comments at the Independent Bloggers' Alliance, Maryscott O'Connor wrote:

I just got off the phone with a reporter from Salon; the interview lasted half an hour, and it was almost all about the BBB, my feeling that they have been assimilated into the Establishment, sold out, et cetera. Can’t WAIT to read THAT piece; what do you think the reaction in the Centrist Blogosphere will be to that?

“Centrist Blogosphere,” what do you think of that? I’m fucking tired of calling them even “left-leaning.” Because they’re not.
Note to readers: for Maryscott, BBB stands for "Big Boys of Blogging" rather than "Big Bad Blog.

I added:

I just *know* we can do better than that. I asked Demetrius, and off the top of his head, he said, “Assimilated Blogosphere?”

I’ve got it–Borgosphere!

(I know–still needs work.)
It will be interesting to see how the article turns out. I'm always wary of the spin any media outlet might decide to apply, but if done right, it would be nice to see that wider recognition that "Daily Kos" does not equal "the lefty blogosphere".

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment