Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Al Gore Macarena

From Renee--this came about as a result of a discussion in the previous thread. Noting that Al Gore is up for an Oscar and the Nobel Peace Prize, why not think big and try for a Grammy with An Inconvenient Truth: The Musical. Cat said that it would have to include the Macarena...


Hmm...

(click for midi accompaniment)

Global warming! Watch the icecaps meltaway-a
Soon'll be so hot we won't even have a praya
They all tell me, Try to sell me
Movie with Al Gore on the big screen
Just released on DVD
So I can buy and take it home with me

(refrain 2x)
'Til the Earth in the fuego meltaway-a
6 miles per gallon in a Hummer driveaway-a
So little Georgie Bush he can believe that he's a playa
Eeeeh Meltaway-a!
AiiGH!

Now don't you worry BushBoy tells me
Oil addiction's bad as nicotine-o
Didn't want him. Didn't elect him.
Knew he was no good so I... *AAaarrGH!*
Now, come on, what was Kerry supposed to do?
It's not like he had 14 million dollars he could contest the... Ohhh. Nevermind.

(refrain 2x)
(Claps) AiiGH! AiiGH!
(Keys)
(refrain 2x)

Find a solution 'fore the icecaps meltawaya
Maybe elect a president who oil companies won't sway-a
Come join me. Work with me.
Carpool all your friends to the polls to vote for me.

(Refrain 5x)

For anyone who might not get the Macarena reference, it's from the 1996 Democratic National Convention...

But when he began, Gore also spoofed his reputation for stiff self-control and the delegates' daily Macarena dance session, offering to do "the Al Gore version of the Macarena."

Gore stood ramrod still, his face deadpan.

"Would you like to see it again?" he asked.


Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment