Thursday, October 05, 2006

Update on the election lawsuit in Alachua

Tomorrow is a BIG day. We resume our depositions tomorrow - and we have scheduled to voters.

One of which is the woman whose story I have told - about being solicited to vote by the City Manager (Clovis) and told who to vote for ... given no privacy or secret ballot ... voting for the "wrong Mr. Lewis" and having her original ballot torn up and given a new one, etc.

What we know is that they have "gotten to her" - Clovis has "talked" with her, she has disappeared from circulating around people she used to even work for, and her son was arrested a few weeks after Clovis learned we talked to her. We don't know the details of this - but believe it is highly likely this was meant to intimidate her.

We are hopeful that she will be forthcoming and honest - and believe that she is the kind of person that would be nothing but that - but there is always the suspense until this testimony is official.

They are deposing me next Thursday.

Furthermore there is only one more week (I believe the Monday following next is the date) for the State to officially charge me in the wiretapping case involving Clovis.

I have been having a bit of a problem with my attorneys - at least with one of them - who has been overly insistent that I make a deal with the State - and that I should not even expect an apology from there end (so what is the reason to make a deal?). This has been extremely frustrating ... there is a real "game" to law and very few lawyers who are genuinely willing to stand up for the idea of law as justice. I am not sure what to do on that end - but I can't get into all of the details currently.

Oh well - I figured I give an update. I am very hopeful that getting through the next week will enable the turning of the corner on all of this. Thus far the burden has been on me with all of the restrictions on my liberty, the pressures of the potential charges, the expenses, etc. Hopefully tomorrow will begin the turning of the situation into the next phase.

Charles Grapski

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment