Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Subway's GOPers Lament (an idear...)

Update--I know, I just posted the dang thing a minute ago--but I noticed that Charlie checked in at the bottom of the old thread. Too zarking tired to actually read what he wrote, so I'm just pointing you in that general direction. Share and enjoy...

For anyone who might have missed it, puddle checked in a couple threads down with this from Subway...

Just talked to Subway. They delayed the surgery till Thursday morning.

He's really feeling cheerful, and says he can feel the love and caring wrapping him like a blanket. He thanks you all and asks that you keep the light and vibes and prayers coming.

He says he'll have ConSec let us know Thursday when he's out of surgery.
Thinking of keeping Subway in that cheerful mood reminded me of something Demetrius and I talked about a while ago, but just never managed to follow through on. It has to do with Subway's song, GOPer's Lament (Hard to be a Republican). He had a goal for the number of downloads he wanted to reach, but I'm too sleepy to look that up now. I'm actually too sleepy to post this right now, truth be told, but I'm afraid I'd forget by morning. So forgive the typos if there are any. (Nothing could quite top calling the Democracy Bond event in Columbus a "Democracy Bong" event...)

Anyhoo, we had talked in the past about trying to get that song played on the Dr. Demento Show. Maybe if enough of us request it, we could get it played this Sunday morning. Here's the request a song page. And here's the direct link to Subway's song online: http://www.tellercreations.com/pod/goperslament.mp3

I found that link on his blog, which is here, and has links to some of his other songs. http://teocawki.blogspot.com



But if this is to have a chance of succeeding, there needs to be some serious crossposting.

Just make sure you fix my typos, if there are any, first.

Good night, Dean people.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment