Friday, August 25, 2006

Practical matters

Please continue to post your positive message to Subway here. I'm sorry, but I just *had* to put up a separate thread--I'm flashing back to all the comments I've gotten in the past about how that is confusing and cumbersome. But these are ususual circumstances, and I'm hoping you all will understand. But I just A) *have* to say something about this right now and B) want desperately to keep this stuff out of the "prayers and well-wishes" thread.

This comes from the comments to the brief Kos diary I posted.

puddle posted that this is scary on a couple of accounts...


Subway's a street musician, and where I live that means no work, no income. Plus I'd be startled if he has insurance.

There are a couple of places you can leave "something" in his virtual guitar case
http://www.tellercreations.com
http://teocawki.blogspot.com

My favorite song of his is: Red Line Blues. Listen:
http://www.tellercreations.com/pod/redlineblues.mp3
I responded:


Thanks for adding this, puddle. I was crossposting and discovered that it had already been posted, with some detail that we hadn't seen.
After some very odd and awkward symtoms, my father was finally persuaded by friends and neighbors to go to the hospital. He was immediatly addmitted to Staten Island University Hospital, a biopsy was performed and he is scheduled for pancreatic surgery sometime in the next 36 hours.
David is the sole caregiver of a disabled wife and, as you mention, a subway musician. After reading the piece quoted above, I am literally shaking with rage and despair and a few other emotions I haven't identified yet. This is what happens when you don't have guaranteed healthcare for all citizens, and not tied to employment. People feel that they have no choice but to keep putting off a trip to the doctor, and can only finally be persuaded when things get really bad.

In a country as wealthy as the United States it is f*cking obscene (we're talking *real* obscenity here--not just "naughty words") that people are unable to access basic wellness care *before* a crisis occurs.

Rant off, for now...

And it's back on. Our troll chose *this* thread to show his/her sorry self again, and spammed the comments with garbage that I had to delete. I've saved the IP address. If anyone sees Tim, I'm hoping he has some good recommendations for how best to proceed.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment