Friday, July 07, 2006

Blog for America PSA, and a request

Since people have stopped by over the past week and asked what's going on with Blog for America, I thought I should say something about that on the front page here. However, I haven't been following it too closely between being busy and finding it harder to follow what's going on there since the commenting moved to DFA-link. But I can at least frontpage the questions and answers from the comments so that they are easier to find. If I am leaving anything out, you can let me know in the comments.

Oh, I just went over to the other blog and if I read it correctly (big if) there's not going to be a blog with comments any more unless you sign up for DFA Link, and that's where you'll go to comment. I can't tell if this is a big change or no big deal. But I'll be annoyed if I sign up and get spammed.
Shelley | 07.06.06 - 10:34 pm

Well, that leaves me out because my DFA link name is not my blog name.

I wrote and asked them how to change it,
but so far no response.
listener | Homepage | 07.07.06 - 11:20 am

You just have to go into your profile and change your name to your blog name. If you want a one-word blog name just enter a single (blank) space as your last name.
Demetrius | 07.07.06 - 11:37 am

Thanks Demetrius.

This just in, as well.
(I wonder if Luigi lurks here. Hi Luigi! )

You can navigate to "My Account" on the right side of the page and "Contact Info". Here, you can change your name to whatever you want it to be (you can put listener as the first name, and just a blank space as the last name)

- Luigi Montanez
Deputy Technology Director
listener | Homepage | 07.07.06 - 11:39 am

Now for the request. Since I am now blessed with some "time off" from work before the next project (other people are happy about it, but I'd just as soon be working), I am updating the Affiliate Sites page. I'm removing most of the links from the bottom of the page like iTunes, Netflix, etc. because those are all through Linkshare which has proved to be way too high maintenance for the benefit I've gotten out of it. So I'm planning to replace those links with links to products at Cafe Press, like jc's and the ones at the National Nurse and Disabled Americans for Democracy stores. Any others I should add? Also, I would like to add more links to specific books, and would welcome any recommendations.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment