Thursday, June 15, 2006

Charlie update

...which he posted over there, and listener asked me to front page. So I'm doing it out of the goodness of my heart, 'cause I'm a swell human being (or at least try to be) and all that. And listener would have copied his post over here herself except that she was posting from an alien computer and couldn't. And I understand that Charlie's up to his eyebballs in stuff, so I understand him forgetting to crosspost here.

Basically, here it is, but I felt entitled to kvetch a bit first...

Hi everyone,

Just checking in (still free!) - but things are really starting to heat up in Alachua.

The Republican Executive Committee has been engaged in (its a national strategy) trying to bring the African American community into their fold. This is a key reason for the Gay Marriage issue by the way. And also for their Wal-Mart support (low wage jobs).

The other night I was informed that the Republican Executive Committee was "out to get me" - and indeed a friend came to me to tell me he had been approached by an REC member - seeking for him to assist getting "compromising information" on me.

Then yesterday the REC (the Chairman states publicly he instructed the former Chairwoman to do this) sent out an email to "all conservative volunteers" (you can see it on the Alachua Project site - click above - go to the blog there).

They want to have an "event" to stand behind the Republican Mayor of Alachua (once appointed to the commission directly by Jeb!). And they claim - but this was news to these two organizations - that they will be joining forces with the NAACP and the Democratic Black Caucus - to support the Republican Mayor and Clovis Watson - and to oppose my efforts.

I got a hold of a copy of that email (as there are many angry Republicans - and now angry Democrats - discovering that some among the leadership of their organizations are "behind" what is going on in Alachua). It was released publicly today. And all you know what has broken loose.

NEWS ALERT: Tomorrow at noon we will be filing our first AMENDED complaint on the lawsuit contesting the April 11th election. It will be posted - in full text - once that has been done. And it should send shock waves around the country as to what lengths certain individuals will go to ensure they win elections.

Charlie

Links:
The Alachua Project
Grapski Defense
Kos diary: Raw Story covers Charlie Grapski's plight
The Dirty South (in L.A. City Beat)

Different topic, but I wanted to note that I just posted the second part of the sermon from the other night's "U2Charist" over at Faithful Ohio, for anyone who's interested. (As well as other Episcopal convention related links and news).

And finally, just 'cause I feel like it, this picture from Cute Overload.



Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment