Sunday, April 30, 2006

Subodh Chandra--he's downright "Howardly"

Bear with me for a couple more days, folks. The Ohio primary will be held on Tuesday, May 2. But really--read some of what Subodh Chandra has to say, and I think you'll agree that this man is downright "Howardly" and deserves our support. Like Howard Dean, he is not getting the support of party "insiders", which makes support from the grassroots that much more critical.

The letter that he had published in yesterday's Columbus Dispatch certainly reminds me of the "What I want to know..." speech Howard Dean gave.


Although I regret The Dispatch did not join the overwhelming majority of Ohio newspapers that have endorsed my attorney-general candidacy in the Democratic primary, I respect the newspaper's right to endorse my opponent.

I take issue, however, with one word in The Dispatch's April 22 editorial. By calling me intemperate, The Dispatch has misinterpreted my motivations and misled Ohio voters.

Intemperance is the lack of self control. I'm not intemperate. I am outraged. There is a big difference between the two.

I'm outraged because instead of using the law to protect Ohio familied from harm and loss, our last two attorneys general have helped auction off our state government -- and our future -- to the highest bidder.

I am outraged that last year alone, 1 out of every 71 families lost their homes to foreclosure. When Cleveland and Dayton passed ordinances to protect homeowners, Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro fought for the predatory lenders instead of the families upon whom they preyed.

I am outraged that he failed to protect Ohioans against the gouging and market manipulation of natural gas prices that cost consumers millions every month.

I am outraged that instead of fighting for Ohio's children, our attorney general failed to join other states to force the federal government to pay for its unfunded mandate called the No Child Left Behind Act.

I am outraged that while Ohio has continued to destroy its public-education system, our governor and legislature have failed to comply with four Ohio State Supreme Court rulings determining that Ohio's education-funding system is unconstitutional.
Click here for the rest.

Also, this story of a Cornfield Conversion reminds me of the way Howard was able to reach out to Republicans. Here's the link to the "Flat Subodh" Demetrius has made available.

I might add more links to this post later, but I need to take my daughter to choir practice now. I'm hurrying to get this post up before leaving, because, well, this campaign is *that* important to me. So any help spreading the word would be much appreciated.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment