Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Already Know, Thank You

From SusanD...

I was going to write a post about the "9 numbers that tell just how
bad George Bush and the GOP have been for America" that I got from the
DSCC.

But then, we already know how bad he is, don't we?

And I'm thinking....the Democrats still aren't getting it right. It's
useless to tell us how bad Bush is, because we already know. And,
please G-d, Bush will not be running for President again.

So, Democrats, what are *you* going to do? Attacking Bush, while it
might make me feel all warm and vindicated, doesn't tell me what
Democrats would do instead.

Attacking Bush also exemplifies what I call "booga-booga politics",
meaning scaring people into going along with you. I think we've had
quite enough of that from Georgie and the Boyz, thank you.

Listing Bush's failures also puts Democrats in the REacting, instead
of acting, category. It makes Democrats look weak when everything you
hear from them is a reaction to the Republicans. In a very real sense
they're letting the Republicans set the agenda.

And if Bush is so bad (and we know that he is), why aren't you guys in
D.C. fighting him harder? Why are you letting him get by with so many
atrocities? In some cases, like the bankruptcy bill, you even aid and
abet him by voting for his anti-people policies.

If you Democrats in D.C. have forgotten how to be a Democrat here's a
tip. Watch Howard Dean, Barbara Boxer and Paul Hackett. They know
how to do it right.

Alternate link to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment