Saturday, December 10, 2005

Richard Pryor 1940-2005


I'm sure many of you have heard the sad news already, but here's a new thread for it, with some links.

Comedian Richard Pryor dead at 65

Groundbreaking black US comedian Richard Pryor has died after almost 20 years with multiple sclerosis.

Obituary: Richard Pryor (BBC News)

In quotes:

I had some great things and I had some bad things. The best and the worst... In other words, I had a life.

You have to have lived some life. You've got to have paid some dues.

Update: The official page RichardPryor.com is currently unavailable, but I tried looking for it in the Internet Archive site. I guess I can see why the site would be taken down today, but the image that had greeted visitors to the site certainly spoke volumes about Pryor's irreverent fighting spirit.

And a very
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to Holly J!!!!!


Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment