Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Was Just Thinking...


What with the kind of work i do, i find myself traveling quite a lot. Often, I'll be on the road traveling California, Oregon, Washington, or Nevada for 2 to 4 days at a time. I'll always end up taking the backroads and going to small town everywhere. This coastal picture was taken last week just north of Fort Bragg, California.

When I'm in these remote areas, there's usually no radio reception, no cell phone coverage, etc. I've been meaning to swap out the 20 or so cd's in my car for, oh, about a year and a half now, but keep forgetting. You probably know already that i rarely play the cd's anymore.

So, this is when i've got time to think. When I'm out there all alone with only the sound of the car on the road and whatever nature has to offer. This photo was taken a couple of years ago in the spring. All of the hills along Hwy. 49 were lit up with flowers like this. There were a lot of people stopping to take pictures. The next photo in in the Trinity Alps along Hwy 3 in north-eastern California. Having lived almost a 1/2 century in this state, and knowing how beautiful it is here, it makes me sad to know that the "development people" would build on all of this if they had the chance.

This one's Mt. Shasta last summer. That's an active glacier on that mountain.

So, when I'm on the road, i think about politics a lot. I try to refine all of my position speeches. I try to work out arguements. I try to discover conflicts and contradictions in my own thinking. Then, I re-hash old personal occurances: "oh, if i had only just..." But, then there's never any going back, so I just shake it off and tackle politics.

Sometimes, i sing, whistle, beat on the dash board, or just scream. Watching people watching you scream while driving down the freeway at 70 mph can be real entertaining. Remember, this is after 2 or 3 days on the road alone.

I don't think I've come up with too many answers to anything, but that's ok as I've got pleanty of time. I'll just keep trying because there's crazy people right here in my backyard that have to be dealt with.
















Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment