Sunday, October 09, 2005

Random Sunday Morning Thoughts

I've had this Kitty Cat Dance song in my head. If I can get it in your head as well, my work here is done.

Well, not quite. There are a few other odds and ends I wanted to report. Yesterday in the comments, jc linked to an article about how Dean Aims to Overhaul Democrats. A number of people have commented that there is some "attitude" in the reporter's coverage of Howard Dean. I kind of thought so too, although this sentence was good:

Dean learned from his own campaign that it is critical to form relationships that turn into small communities and build into networks of people who feel part of a bottom-up operation with a purpose larger than themselves.

But from the tone of the article, I still wondered about Ron Fournier, and, you know, "what's up with him". I did some searching and found an interesting piece about his coverege of the Gore campaign.

Also, look who's being a good little soldier for the Republicans again...

To help promote his "year of reform" ballot initiatives, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has turned to one of the best known political reformers on the national stage — Arizona Sen. John McCain .

Here's a quote from Ahnold's campaign spokesperson:

"John McCain is known for two things — one is being a reformer, and the other is being a straight talker," Harris said.

Wonder how long it will be before he's just known for being the guy always willing to do his party's bidding. (Back when Kerry was considering McCain as a running mate, Demetrius wrote some parody lyrics to the tune of Eric Clapton's song, "Cocaine".) Also, as The Johnny was kind enough to point out in the Open Thread at My Left Wing, McCain has endorsed Ken Blackwell, otherwise known (by me, anyway) as the Spawn of Satan). That should be all the proof anyone needs that this "straight shooting centrist" is a party loyalist all the way.

For anyone who would like to learn a little more about Islam, I'd like to point you to this post (one in a series) at Street Prophets: Ramadan Day 4: Verses from the Quran

Kind of a non-sequitir, but before becoming preoccupied with politics, my previous unpaid calling was being the Puplinks lady. Determined not to leave my four legged friends behind, I remembered to change my topical link from Summer Pet Safety to Pet Safety at Halloween. The picture on that page is of Ellie, the second dog my mother raised for Canine Companions for Independence.

Update from a couple days ago--a commenter at My Left Wing has shared some information that lends credence to the stories of Bush claiming that God "tells him" to do things.

Finally, I've added a couple things to the page with our intentions. Please let me know if there is anything or anyone special you would like this community to hold in our thoughts and/or prayers, and I will be happy to include them on that page.

No comments:

Post a Comment