Thursday, September 08, 2005

Katrina: 'Character'

This post went up last night, but I wasn't able to post it until now.

Katrina: 'Character' by Greg Greene. It's a quote from Frank Rich, and it's so short that I really can't excerpt it or I'd be posting the whole thing. So, to see what Frank Rich had to say about Bush and character, click.

And since the new thread went up at BFA just now, I'll go ahead and add that link to this post: The Lowest Bar by Larry Dudley, DFA-Link organizer in Glen Falls, NY.

Now that George W. Bush has nominated John Roberts for Chief Justice, let's take a look at the comparative qualifications of previous Chief Justices over the last century (click)

There is rain in the forecast today, and Demetrius has to get back up on the roof and finish it, or at least get it finished *enough* before that happens. We were both too tired to go out and get groceries last night, so I need to do a quick run to the store before he goes back up there. And it's our daughter's 10th birthday, so I need to pick up some things for her too. But before I go, I wanted to pass along something shadowdonna in evanston posted in the comments last night:

Anyway, for all you animal lovers out there, I contributed to the American Humane Association's disaster relief fund. There are actively working to rescue the pets separated from their families during the recent hurricane. They even have Snowball, the dog who was separated from his young owner who was forced to leave him behind. They are actively trying to find the little boy.

You can find their site here.

Do check out last night's comments if you haven't already--there was a nice little blog family reunion. Also, in the comments of *this* post, you can find a double dose of Oscar's cartoon roundup, since he didn't post any yesterday. (Given that I'm about to go shopping for my daughter's birthday *on* her birthday, I can't rag on him too hard for that!)

5 comments:

  1. Blogging a Confession: I let my children eat foods that contain sugar
    Is this a familiar scenario to you? You are sitting at a playgroup, children playing in various corners of the house, moms sitting with their coffee mugs around a table.
    I have a birthday gift man romantic site. It pretty much covers birthday gift man romantic related cards and gifts.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, just by way of illustration, I am leaving that piece of comment spam up. Note that I mentioned my daughter's birthday, so the spam has something to do with birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I was all set to kill it...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Oscar. I'd be thrilled to have you zap any more of those little nasties you see today. It just occurred to me that a lot of people may not have any idea what I'm talking about when I mention the comment spam. They usually come in twos, so you may get your chance any second now. They also seem to come very soon after I put up a new post. Just trying to ponder what sort of program is involved...

    It's not always "anonymous" either. And if you check the counter at the bottom of the page, there is a link where you can see the referring sites. There are usually a lot of blogspot sites there, but as far as I've seen, they don't have links to this one.

    ReplyDelete