Saturday, March 18, 2006

Wonder what God thinks now about the way George Bush has led the nation?

About 3 years ago a book was published called The Faith of George W. Bush. It refers to the fact that George says he believes God chose him to lead this country. The way he is leading this country into one disaster after another says a lot about his perception of God's guidance. The God I worship would never condone torture, lying into war, leaving people to die on rooftops as Katrina hit, and then more lies.

That is not the God I know.



The Observer UK had a good article about Bush and his religion. It was published in late 2003.

Bush says God chose him to lead his nation


President George W. Bush stood before a cheering crowd at a Dallas Christian youth centre last week, and told them about being 'born again' as a Christian.
'If you change their heart, then they change their behaviour. I know,' he said, referring to his own conversion, which led to him giving up drinking.

Behind Bush were two banners. 'King of Kings', proclaimed one. 'Lord of Lords', said the other. The symbolism of how fervent Christianity has become deeply entwined with the most powerful man on the planet could not have been stronger.

The book also shows that in the lead-up to announcing his candidacy for the presidency, Bush told a Texan evangelist that he had had a premonition of some form of national disaster happening.

Bush said to James Robinson: 'I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it.'


I had forgotten this article, but it really let him off light back then. He has committed what I consider crimes to humanity, this so-called Christian man. I don't profess to be a very religious right now, our church's hijacking by Falwell types drove us away. But I know in my heart that though I have not been in church for a while, that I have acted more the way God would expect than this man named Bush has acted.

And these two paragraphs make me most uneasy.

In another incident, Mansfield recounts how, on Palm Sunday last year, Bush was flying back from El Salvador aboard the presidential jet Air Force One and seemed to be destined to miss church.

However, knowing that Bush hated to miss a service, some officials suggested they worship in the air. Bush agreed, and soon 40 officials were crammed into the plane's conference room. The service was led by National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, while the lesson was read by close Bush aide Karen Hughes.
Maybe God needs to save the country and world from Christian presidents like this one.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment