Friday, March 17, 2006

Meet the Bloggers

Yesterday I attended a Meet the Bloggers event for the first time. It's amazing to me that there are all of these local blogs that I didn't have a clue about until Tim Tagaris invited me to be one of the bloggers at Howard Dean's Honesty in Government event in Columbus almost two months ago.

It was at that event that I met the people who blogged at Ohio 2nd and Buckeye Senate (which since became Buckeye State Blog.) And through those blogs I discovered other Ohio political blogs, like Plunderbund. All of those blogs would discuss Meet the Bloggers events from time to time, and I knew that they were open to anyone who wanted to attend, but I was never able to because of my work schedule. Yesterday the planets aligned, and I was able to attend on a day that three local candidates were meeting with bloggers to discuss their campaigns.

John Swords
Zack Space (One of the Democrats running for Bob Ney's seat)
Bob Shemansky

The audio can be found here, and you can read some thoughts about yesterday's "Meet the Blog-athon", and you can also find links to what some of the bloggers in attendance had say.

At Meet the Bloggers, you can also find audio and transcripts of previous interviews with Ohio candidates. It's a wonderful resource--I haven't fully tapped into it myself yet, but I definitely appreciate the opportunity to have access to these in-depth interviews rather than just a few sound bites that might make the news. If you appreciate the what Meet the Bloggers is doing, please consider making a donation to help cover the expenses involved in this sort of DIY alternative media.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment