Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Psychopathic fake president meets genuine hero

I finally saw the video of Jason McElwain (known as J-Mac), the autistic high school student who got his chance to play in a basketball game a few weeks ago. It certainly was heartwarming.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Unfortunately, what reminded me to go check out that video was the story about J-Mac meeting Bush and being congratulated by him.

I really, really dislike Bush, have I mentioned that?

From a Yahoo news article:
"Bush said he learned about McElwain from seeing him on TV.

"I wept, just like a lot of other people did," he said, as McElwain beamed beside him."

You know what makes me weep, George? When you cut funding for people with disablities--hell, people with *any* kind of challenge, whether it be mental, physical, financial...in favor of tax cuts for the wealthy.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment