Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A dose of the good doctor

Because a dose of Howard Dean always makes us smile...

Thank you, Corinne, for pointing out this piece at the DNC web site about Howard Dean's visit to a children's hospital in Chicago.

Doctor, Doctor, Give Me the News

The Gov paid a visit to some kids who probably needed a little cheer around this time of the year and was given a quick tour of some of the facilities, inlcuding sitting in to watch some brain surgery. (I'm told the brain surgery was not on a republican lawmaker - although some would argue that it should be.) For some of the doctors it was quite a surprise to see Dr. Howard Dean walking around the premises.

It was a short visit, but a fun one nonetheless. When one of the doctors asked if the Governor still stays active in the medical field he replied "I haven't practiced medicine in 13 years. I wouldn't want to be my first patient!"



See also this diary by Andrew C. White, Howard Dean: The Life of the Party.
When I saw a headline quoting Gov. Dean saying the US could not win in Iraq I knew we would shortly be hearing all the usual noise and complaints about his latest "gaffe." Of course, I was reminded of his definition of a gaffe... "When you tell the truth and the people in Washington think you shouldn't have." Forgive me if I take a moment to smile at that.

You see, I don't care much what the people in Washington think. Like most of you, I live in the real world and I am not afraid of nor shocked by the truth. I'll let you in on a little secret... neither are my Republican and Independent neighbors. What we care about is whether the people in Washington are getting the job done. And let me tell you, Howard Dean, Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, is getting the job done.

From the moment he started asking the question "What I want to know is..."

Through the end if his Presidential campaign; from the formation of the Democracy for America PAC through his election as DNC Chair; from his promise to help rebuild the State Democratic Committees to his fulfilling that promise by having placed staff in every state; to this moment right now Gov. Dean has been in the trenches doing his part to take our country back.

Click here for the rest.

Tags: , , , ,

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment