Saturday, February 03, 2007

"What I Wanna Know..."

Crossposted at My Left Wing, Booman Tribune, ePluribus Media, and Daily Kos

I just found a diary floridagal linked a while ago, which includes a link to Howard Dean's famous "What I wanna know..." speech. Here's the direct link to download the Quicktime movie.



From the diary...

"Howard Dean speaks at the California Democratic Convention in Sacramento, CA on March 15, 2003. This speech was videotaped and edited by Eric Predoehl with the help of an anonymous camera operator.
March 15, 2003. Just over four years ago. At the time, I hadn't even heard of Howard Dean, and would only gradually learn enough to become excited about his campaign over the next couple months. The Sleepless Summer tour was still months away.

I'm posting this for two reasons. First, it's always good to have an opporutunity to hear Howard Dean speaking those words so many of us were longing to hear from our elected leaders. But secondly, it puts into perspective just how far away the primaries for the 2008 presidential election are at this point. Anything can happen between now and then. Maybe Al Gore will decide to throw his hat in the ring after all. Or maybe someone previously unknown, or not well known, will surface and capture our imagination.

It really is too soon to tell what the political landscape will look like as we approach primary season. I know that, with 24 hour news channels, the media outlets feel compelled to try to build up the whole "horse race" of it. But I can choose not to let them define my reality.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment