Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Groundhog Day

This is a picture of "Buckeye Chuck" courtesy of the web site of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.



He's Ohio's "official" groundhog. See Groundhog Central here, for a list of more groundhogs of renown--the most famous being "Punxatawney Phil".

More about Buckeye Chuck at Ohio History Central:

From late September until early April, Buckeye Chuck spends his time hibernating. On February 2, against his will, Chuck emerges from his sleep to predict the weather.
Dang. Poor Chuck. I hate it when I have to emerge from my sleep against my will, so I kinda feel for him, you know?

In fact, I need to do that in the morning to go to work, so I'm signing off for now. Have a great day, everyone.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment