Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tucker Carlson is a schmuck

There are some serious issues with the Haloscan comments tonight. I have crossposted this entry at the Wordpress blog so that we can carry on our conversation there (I hope). It will ask you for an e-mail address, but that will not be displayed. Click here to join in the conversation.


You all probably knew that already, but here's yet more evidence--the way he treats Dr. Asma Mobin Uddin in a discussion about the "jihad" car ad that was recently pulled after area Muslim groups protested. You can see the interview here on YouTube.

I've met Asma on a couple of occasions. She spoke at an adult education forum at my church a couple years ago, and also preached the sermon that day (I attend a rather progressive Episcopal church). Then, last year, I heard her speak at an interfaith forum on prayer. You can see the transcript of her remarks here. I have nothing but respect for Dr. Asma Mobin-Uddin, who I think presented her views calmly and sensibly. As for Tucker Carlson, I agree with Jon Stewart:

CARLSON: I do think you're more fun on your show. Just my opinion.
...
STEWART: You know what's interesting, though? You're as big a dick on your show as you are on any show.


Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment