Friday, May 05, 2006

Tim Tagaris' Goodbye Post (DNC blog)

Under the title GBCW--and since not *everyone* around the internets knows this, I'll add that those initials stand for "Goodbye Cruel World"--Tim Tagaris has posted his farewell.

About two years and a half years ago you would probably only find me working at Pinch Penny Pub or playing basketball everyday at "the rec" in Carbondale, Illinois on the campus of Southern Illinois University. Then one fateful night I watched as an otherwise anonymous candidate for U.S. Congress, Jeff Seemann (OH-16), posted an entry on the sorta-popular blog, Daily Kos. I don't know what persuaded me to abandon the pursuit of my Masters Degree (was done with all my classes, but hadn't finished my thesis -- sorry mom and dad!), but I packed my car and moved to Canton, Ohio.
...
As for me, I'm off to Connecticut next week to get that adrenaline flowing on a daily basis in a campaign setting -- I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again. But before I leave, I want all of you to know that I am grateful for the conversation we've had over these past six months. Oh, and one more thing ... shame on you, Jean Schmidt.

Read the rest here.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment