Friday, February 17, 2006

More on the Hackett swiftboating

There is a diary at Kos on this topic. I was tipped off to that thread by Ohio 2nd blog, where I also learned that Rush is all over this story.

In related news, I discovered via BuckeyeSenate blog that there *will* in fact be a primary election as someone by the name of Merrill Keiser managed to get on the ballot as a Dem.

Sherrod Brown will face a primary challenge. I'm laughing. It is funny in a shoot your buddy in the face kind of way. No clue who this guy is, but I'll find out and let you know. Be interesting to see how much of a protest vote he gets. It could be considerable given the palpable anger felt by many in recent days.

I'm pretty impressed Merrill was able to collect over 1,000 signatures and fly under the radar.

If you read the comments to that post, Keiser doesn't sound like someone we will want to vote for--not that it is *easy* to find out much about him--but it does raise the possibility, at least in my mind, of a Hackett write-in. And, as I said in the comments at BSB, I'm all over that idea.

But I'm clueless about the details. Could someone help me out with that? How do you do that--what do you actually do to write someone in when you're at the voting booth?

In my clueless college days when I wasn't following politics, but always voted "because you were supposed to", I think the only thing keeping me from writing in, say, Snoopy, was the fact that I didn't know how to actually do that.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment