Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ohio voter rights being stolen *now*

The phone just rang, and I heard my husband saying, "What?! That's insane!" When he got off the phone, he informed me that the call was from the mother of one of our daughter's classmates, telling us about a protest that is going on right now. I had no idea about the part of H.B. 3 that you see below in boldface, until we got this call and I went Googling for it:

Demonstration at the Ohio Statehouse at noon to raise our voices against House Bill 3, the bill that will require showing an ID to vote and preventing any challenge to the results of a federal election in Ohio.


Location:Ohio Statehouse, Broad and High Streets, west lawn.


I have no idea if there is anything that can be done at this point, but at very least I wanted to make some noise about this. If anyone has any ideas about how we can respond at this late hour, please share them.

Crossposted at Daily Kos, Booman Tribune and My Left Wing

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment