Monday, September 19, 2005

Bring Them Home Now Rally in DC



I won't be able to make it to the March on Washington next weekend, but if anyone attends and would like to submit a first person report (with pictures would be even better), just let me know and I can post a "guest blog" from you. And, in general, if there are any stories you'd like to see covered in a main blog post here, please pass them along and I'll do my best to make sure they are included.

Here is Cindy Sheehan's most recent diary: See you in DC

Oh, and I'd also like to add...
Cindy Sheehan
Cindy Sheehan
Cindy Sheehan

UPDATE from Hypatia

Are you or someone you know coming to DC for the peace march? Want a friendly spot to gather afterwards to discuss the day's events, and do some more of that invaluable networking, planning, strategizing, framing, etc.? Then come to the...

BLOGGERS' BBQ
Saturday, 9/24 at 4pm
Hypatia's backyard (or inside if it rains)
Visit DFALink and type in zip 20012 for more details or click my name above to learn more and RSVP!


Click here
for details.

It has been brought to my attention that while some people have found the Haloscan comment style simpler and more straightforward, others have been blocked from commenting or even reading the comments. I was just going to switch back to the old comment system, but I wanted to try something first. I think I mentioned that on my phone I can't use the comments, but when I tried Atrios, which uses the same system, I could. So I logged into the Haloscan forums and found someone had asked a question about this

sorry for making this a new thread but I did several searches and couldn't find anything to help me. This is my problem: on any blogspot blog that I go to that has Haloscan, I am unable to comment and pull up the comments thread, at all. This happens on every blogspot/haloscan combination I come to. I click the comment button and zip, nothing. Can you please help?

Here's the link to check out with possible explanations/solutions. The most common reason appears to be that any pop-up blocker you have installed may be keeping the comment window from opening. I went ahead and changed the settings so that comments open in the same window rather than a pop-up window. That doesn't help me with my Sidekick--I still get a "Javascript not supported" message--which I *don't* get if I click comments on Atrios.

It *does* say that other Javascript on the page may interfere, so the problem could be because of the blogroll. Hope not, as that's an easy way for me to add the blog family links. If I have to take down the blogroll and replace it with the old fashioned style of adding those links, I'll do it, but I wanted to check out the simpler fixes first.

In the meantime, I'll continue to crosspost here for anyone who can't read the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment