Monday, May 14, 2007

Halosan, continued

Sorry about any commenting confusion. Making this up as I go along, and will try to offer a bit of explanation before heading to work.

It seems that people prefer Haloscan for the most part, when it's working. But more and more it isn't, and we're left with no way of commenting. As in *totally* locked out. So right now Haloscan is uninstalled--if it *is* installed here, then that is the only way we can comment. But I still have a Haloscan account, so I can make sure there's always an available Haloscan comment thread. I called it an "Open Thread" in the link at the top of the page, because, frankly, that's what *all* the threads are around here. You can use it to discuss any of the posts on this blog, or any other blog, or *whatever*--just like you always do.

But with Blogger commenting installed, at least another form of commenting is *available* when Haloscan is down. I don't yet know how to seamlessly integrate this thing--or maybe I do, but I don't know how to express it clearly in words at this moment. I will tell you this--I much prefer the idear of only having to manually post *one* Haloscan thread as needed, instead of having to make an alternate link every time a new thread goes up.

I've left the same open thread up as we had yesterday--there aren't all *that* many comments, and I really need to get ready for work now.

Bottom line--use Haloscan like you're used to doing, as long as it's working, and Blogger commenting when it isn't working. But I'm only going to put up one Haloscan thread a day, because it's easier that way, and I'm all about making things easier for myself whenever possible. And if there *are* any Blogger comments--from someone who, temporarily or as a matter of course, cannot get Haloscan to work--hopefully someone can be a good citizen and copy it into the main comment thread so that everyone will see it.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh I didn't even see the open thread. Still having trouble with this space though it keeps wanting to make me anonoymous

    Do I have to do somthing to get back my balloons? My original got lost in my computer melt down so they may be something of the past

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumors are bubbling that "The List" was not published because Cheney's name was on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy all - hooray for the chance to get online, been mighty bzbzbz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to have missed everyone...

    Having dinner with Donna tonight
    :-)

    will get scarce online time this week, but thinking of y'all.

    ♥'s atcha

    ReplyDelete