Thursday, March 02, 2006

An opportunity for a netroots win

Remember yesterday morning, when I posted my dream about rescuing a cockatiel out of the toilet?

When I think about my own dreams, and what they might mean, I look to what's been on my mind recently. Well, that would have to be the Democratic party, and more specifically the Democratic party in Ohio.

But that's just silly. The Ohio Democratic Party isn't really *that* stupid, is it? That it would fly, intentionally, straight into the toilet?

Hmm. Well, if that's what the dream *was* about, I suppose it's noteworthy that I couldn't bear to just let it die. Especially not in *my* bathroom...

Well, I have been thinking about what positive steps could be taken to fish the party out of the toilet. Well, I've posted an updated version of that at Booman and My Left Wing, and ended with an action item...

So, (and here's the action item part) how *do* we rescue the Ohio Democratic Party? If you think it doesn't *need* to be rescued, or that there is no hope for rescue, then this discussion probably won't be of interest to you.


Like a number of people have already expressed, there is nothing to be gained by continually rehashing the Hackett/Brown debacle. So, what is a positive place to put our energy? Again and again, I have heard from people who have great things to say about Subodh Chadra, a candidate for Attorney General in Ohio, yet the Ohio Democratic Party has endorsed Marc Dann. They have updated their web site to show the slate of endorsed candidates in their sidebar.


This is someone who Paul Hackett described, in his interview with Ohio 2nd, as worthy candidate who was not getting party support because he was perceived in some ways as an "outsider". And, by golly, given the endorsements that took place not too long ago, it sure looks like Paul was right about that.

I see this as an opportunity to take positive steps toward transforming the party in Ohio. Subodh is not getting support from the party, but has chosen to stay in the race. If he is to succeed, it will require a broad, concerted effort from the grassroots.

Who's with me? And how do we make this happen?

For starters, I would appreciate it if you would recommend the diaries I linked above. Also, check out these two posts at Buckeye State Blog (which has, by the way, recently added a button in support of Chandra).
We Seriously Gotta Elect This Guy!
Score One For The Good Guys!





And check out his campaign web site here. (Note: Of course, now that I've written up this post, that site seems to be down or very slow at the moment. I recommend reading the two posts at Buckeye State Blog now, and trying Subodh Chandra's site a little later on.)

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment