Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sitka's musical farewell

Progressive*Avenger wrote on October 29, 2005 01:20 AM:

To the blog at large:

It seems that S*tka/Liber*l, who has been with this community since the very beginning, when this was the only Presidential blog in the world, has been banned from BFA. I guess he was tired of being baited by the one who always brings down the discourse around here.

I hate to see another good soul lost to this destructive force.

Sitka/Liberal asked me to tell you this:

"But could you do me a small favor since I can't post there myself anymore? Could you just tell everyone I said "Happy trails!" and post this link to my last performance?
http://www.hexadecimalx.com/video/noodles10.23.05.zip

It's got little kids dancing and people having a great time to some good songs. It's how I want to be remembered by my old DFA pals instead of as a curmudgeon who's fed up to the gills with the Democratic Party. Music is the real me, not politics."

Since it's a zip file and a huge download, I thought I'd share a few screen captures. I have a thing I need to go to today (it's an Episcopalian thing, and I'll share more about it later) so I wasn't able to listen to the whole thing yet. The one song I recognized was Quinn the Eskimo. Have a great Saturday, Dean people!











Here's the web site of Sitka's band.

Alternate link to comments

No comments:

Post a Comment