Sunday, September 11, 2005

Red Line Blues by Subway Serenade

Red Line Blues

I was fast asleep that morning on the day the buildings fell,
And the platform where I'd sing that afternoon was gone as well,
And I cried for all of those on whom my livelyhood depends,
When I saw the downtown covered in the ashes of my friends.

So I gathered up my old guitar for a gentle Christmas show,
I could hardly bear the sadness, but I knew I had to go,
'Cause I heard that red line crying, sadly comin' round the bends,
Kickin' up amid the subway dust, the ashes of my friends.

I want to thank you for indulging this old subway serenade,
'Cause it's never been about how much or little I was paid,
I just stopped by to tell your hearts that true Love never ends,
And to sing this lonesome love song to the ashes of my friends.

I was fast asleep that morning on the day those towers fell,
And the platform where I'd sing that afternoon was gone as well,
And I cried for all of those on whom my livelyhood depends,
When I saw that downtown covered in the ashes of my friends.

David Teller

You can find that song, and others by David Teller (aka Subway Serenade) here.

7 comments:

  1. Good morning shadowblog. Governor Dean really is first on this blog!

    Thanks, Subway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subway is the best! You are a poet and philosopher, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon, folks. Enjoy the day. We're having some fine weather so I'm going to do some shopping--yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Subway, your song brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for posting it.

    BTW new thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee,

    Thanks. I was hoping to get this posted in the smoking section.

    May the Love that knows no Comprehension find refuge in your heart and in your home forever.

    David

    ReplyDelete