Sunday, September 11, 2005

Quintus Jett blogging on MViMV Monday

The current most recent entry at Blog for America, posted at 6:15 a.m., is Sunday Morning Shows. Click here to see who's appearing on the talk shows this morning.

I received the following in my email last night, and wanted to share it here, in the hopes that you will pass it along to anyone who might be interested, and post it at other blogs, Yahoo groups, etc:

On Monday September 12 (8-9pm EST), I'm scheduled to blog again at My Vote Is My Voice.

http://blog.myvoteismyvoice.com/

Weeks ago, the plan was to report on the progress of AAFD's Contract with Black America.

Instead, the focus will be on African American reactions to government failures in response to Hurrican Katrina, and AAFD's proposal to help establish New Orleans evacuuees (who are mostly black) establish themselves as a constituency that will be heard in further government response efforts. A proposal of tangible actions will be submitted for discussion.

Quinuts Jett
executive director, AAFD


Finally, a happy belated birthday to listener--her birthday was Saturday the 10th. Today is Zilpha's sister's birthday--has anyone heard from Zilpha lately? Hope it's a good one. And happy birthday a day early Toscha, to jjem's husband, and to Page in, um, it's Amsterdam now, right?



Click here for the blog family birthday calendar.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Renee and Anne,
    I just wanted to announce myself as a shadow lurker on this shadow BFA. Thanks for this terrific blog, so clean and shiny! And thanks specially for the Howard transcripts.
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne! Good to see you here, Sara!

    Just working on one more update to this post--I can't believe I forgot yesterday was listener's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty obnoxious:
    --
    Responding to the initial request, Commissioner Mary Hunt said she would make the tent camp available only under certain conditions.

    Hunt described the remarks in a KPQ interview on Tuesday, saying she wanted to ensure people from the disaster area were more family types, "not the ones who were on welfare. Not the ones who didn't have jobs."

    Hunt said she has a responsibility to protect local residents.

    "I feel sorry for folks who have lived on welfare all their life and have no means of transportation. But I don't think these are the people we want here," she said Wednesday. "It's a fine line. How do you distinguish one from the other. My sympathy goes out to all those people. But we need to protect the people of our county."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Listener.

    Please send me your email address again. I've been wanting to send that gift to your sister and I can't find the address you gave me.

    dave@tellercreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listener, happy birthday to yoooou!

    ReplyDelete