Monday, September 12, 2005

Open Thread

I won't mind things being a little slow this evening if lots of you are heading over to My Vote Is My Voice to do some interactive blogging with Quintus Jett at 8 p.m. In fact, it would be cool if right now some of you would take a minute and pass that link along to a blog, list, group, or bulletin board you frequent.

I'm going to call this our first open thread--what's on your minds this evening?

UPDATE: Here is the direct link to the discussion on My Vote Is My Voice:
Katrina Evacuees: Next Steps?

The discussion has ended for now, but in the comments Quintus added "if you have any comments or suggestions later, please post them here - or email me." He posted his email address in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Al Gore is just so *Howardly* sometimes, isn't he?

    Al Gore: This is a Moral Moment

    We're told this is not a time to hold our national government accountable because there are more important matters that confront us. This is not an either/or choice. They are linked together. As our nation belatedly finds effective ways to help those who have been so hard hit by Hurricane Katrina, it is important that we learn the right lessons of what has happened, lest we are spoon-fed the wrong lessons from what happened. If we do not absorb the right lessons, we are, in the historian's phrase, doomed to repeat the mistakes that have already been made. All of us know that our nation - all of us, the United States of America - failed the people of New Orleans and the gulf coast when this hurricane was approaching them, and when it struck. When the corpses of American citizens are floating in toxic floodwaters five days after a hurricane strikes, it is time not only to respond directly to the victims of the catastrophe but to hold the processes of our nation accountable, and the leaders of our nation accountable, for the failures that have taken place.

    (Click my name for the Kos diary)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee,

    Can't stay. I have schoolwork to do. But, I wanted to drop off a link that might be of interest to Shadow Bloggers.

    If I've said it once, I've said it a grillion times: we're too fragmented. Not Deaniacs. *WE* are remarkably cohesive, among other good things. Progressives, Left Wingers, etc. So, in an effort to make some small attempt to foster unity, I offer the link below.

    The Progressive Blog
    http://theprogressiveblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete