Monday, September 26, 2005

Irony is dead. Again.

Irony is officially dead. I know, I know--it died pretty early on in Bush II's first term. So how can it *keep* dying? I don't know, but apparently I lack the sufficient vocabulary to adequately respond to this (from Olbermann):

And, that's when it was revealed that FEMA had apparently rehired a former employee as a consultant. You might recognize his name, too — Mike Brown.

At a meeting with staff of the special House committee looking into Katrina preparations today, the disgraced and displaced former FEMA director said he had rejoined the agency as a consultant to "provide a review" of how the agency functioned before, during, and after the storm. This according to two congressional sources.

Excuse me while I sputter incoherently. When I think of all the talented, *competent* people who have been laid off as a result of the Bush economy, and then think that the one incompetent Bush actually let go is being rehired as a consultant--you know, my mind is actually refusing to hold those two thoughts at the same time. It's kind of like trying to stick two like poles of magnets together--they just keep repelling each other.

Imagine anyone in the real world being fired for gross incompetence, and then *rehired* at consultant's rates, to explain exactly how they screwed things up. But in Bushworld, this sort of things doesn't even surprise us any more.

I've had enough of this dream. I'd like to wake up now, please, before anything even weirder starts to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment