Sunday, September 14, 2008

Howard Rocks The House In Portland Times Two!
by Nurse Teri

Governor Howard Dean breezed through Portland, Oregon last Friday, beginning his stay with a rousing rally at Lewis and Clark College.  I got to the rally and placed myself in line well ahead of the starting time of 1:00 pm. Unfortunately by the time the doors opened, several dozen Dean fans were turned away, but I was lucky enough to sit in an aisle seat in the second row. The first row was reserved for dignitaries and the press. All major news networks sent their local affiliate reporters and cameramen. The Oregonian and some smaller papers also had representation. I was quite happy to see all the press, because as we know the Governor gives a great speech and he tells the truth and nails every point he makes with facts.

Howard began his appearance like a Rock Star. I was so lucky, because he came down the row I was sitting grabbing and shaking the students' hands AND as soon as he turned and recognized me, he grinned and gave me a hug. As far as I could tell, I was the only one to get a hug at this event. !  

As soon as he finished talking he was whisked away and wired up for interviews. Rather than hanging around, I went to Obama Headquarters where the Governor was scheduled to speak at 5:00 pm.




The audience was filled with 18-22 year old students and they cheered and stood for the Governor, and they listened and approved his every word. The Governor emphasized that this race is especially for their generation.



Haven't had enough Howard Dean yet?  
Here are more photos from Nurse Teri!













COMMENTS 

No comments:

Post a Comment