Saturday, September 20, 2008

Electricity


Click here for the source of the image I used with this post. We DO have power now, but Demetrius has told me we shouldn't turn on our computers yet until the battery back-ups have time to charge. Thus, I'm posting this from my laptop and don't have full access to all the "bells and whistles" I do on my main computer.

Daughter was invited to sleep over at a friend's house, so Demetrius is dropping her off, and then will head to the store to do some grocery shopping. Thank you again to all of you who generously donated to help us restock after having to throw all that food away.

I do want to mention that there were pleasant aspects to all of this. A few evenings ago, Daughter offered to read to us from one of her favorite books. She's a bit self conscious about reading aloud, and keeps apologizing for little stumbles, but she has gotten more comfortable with practice. In general, this week has allowed us the opportunity to spend some fairly relaxed time together.

The hard part, though, is how far behind we are on so many things. Fall quarter starts next week for me (teaching), and we have a meeting coming up at Son's school that I'm going to need to do a lot of background work for. Demetrius needs to get our other car working again before my classes start mid-week.

So while we're thrilled to finally have power back on, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment of the sheer volume of "stuff" I have looming in front of me. I don't quite know where to start. For today, I decided just to get the things from the ice chest back into the fridge, post this update, and then kick back for a bit. Will start tackling some of the bigger projects tomorrow.

Click for the Columbus Dispatch's latest report on the work to restore power in central Ohio.

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment