Saturday, February 10, 2007

The power of the link

The following is from the comments in yesterday's thread, but I think it's important to highlight it...

Every link you give raises the authority of that Blog... And when they link back to you, both of your Blogs authority goes up even more notches on search engines' results.

Do you ever wonder how some of the junk on the right-wing sites manage to make the top of the search engine's lists?

I have said this over and over again:

"LINK DAMNIT!"

In your Blogroll and in your diaries. Shameless links help everyone in the left community.
Connecticut Man1 | Homepage | 02.09.07 - 2:12 pm
Amazing. I know about the importance of linking as far as Google ranking (although apparently the algorithms have been changed to try to thwart Google-bombing, like the "miserable failure" thing. But I *hadn't* thought of that as the reason right wing crap ends up so high when you search for news stories about a Democrat.

Anyway, I just commented at skippy's blog, in response to the great blogroll amnesty program marches on, that...

I'm trying to do something similar, but don't know when I'll find the time to undertake the project in earnest. But if anyone would like to do a link exchange with Howard-Empowered People, please leave me a comment in one of the threads, and I'll get to it sooner than "eventually".

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment