Monday, July 10, 2006

Open Thread

UPDATE: Apparently Paul Hackett is going to endorse Sherrod Brown. Watching for more details--that sure didn't seem like a likely outcome when Hackett did this interview in May.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Please recommend this Kos diary about Wednesday's DemFest deadline, and crosspost the link wherever you can.

Here's another picture from Tai Shan's birthday celebration. I was wondering what kind of cake would be appropriate for a panda. Apparently it's a fruit and ice treat.



Here's the CBS story about his birthday.

For anyone who was wondering about Charlie, he posted an update in the overnight thread.

I'm continuing to post parts of recent interviews with Katharine Jefferts Schori--the Presiding Bishop Elect of the Episcopal Church here. One of the segments, I posted as a diary entitled "Some thoughts on marriage" at Street Prophets, My Left Wing, and Daily Kos.

An Inch at a Time has a post about KJS today as well, from an interview she did with Time Magazine.

I've also got a partial transcript here of a video done by the Episcopal group Claiming the Blessing. There are some personal testimonies from same sex couples about what it meant to them to have their unions blessed in front of a congregation to which they belong.

As I mentioned here, I'm updating the affiliate sites page. Let me know if there's anything I should add.

Also, if you'd like to become a front page poster here at Howad-Empowered People, please send me an e-mail at howardempowered(at)gmail.com.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment