Monday, August 24, 2026

The Day

      An otter sits at a computer holding a cup of coffee.  The accompanying text reads "Do not seize the day.  That only startles it, and nobody wants to deal with an aggressive day before coffee.   Approach it slowly. Avoid eye contact.  Maybe offer a polite nod.  Act casual.  If the day growls, starts, making demands, or mentions shenanigans back away quietly and return to bed.

71 Days until the Midterms!

13 comments:

  1. Just letting you know we got home safely from NH after meeting up with Daughter to hand her children back to her.

    Then I threw up...twice. Not sure what that means. Feel asleep for a bit and am going to sleep some more.

    More update anon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really need to impeach members of the Supreme Court!!

    US Supreme Court allows ballroom construction to continue

    😡😡😡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confidence is growing that the House will shift to the Dems at the Midterms.

    The Cook Report shifts Senate races in Texas and Iowa to toss-ups.

    (Please, DNC...don't get all cocky and over-confident and blow it!)

    I should try to sleep some more. Stable, but not all better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel better soon, Listener!

      Delete
    2. I've been slowly improving since last night. Just taking the eating very gently. All good.

      Delete
    3. Best wishes for continued improvement.

      Delete
    4. Thank-you! It's going slow, but I'll take it.

      Delete
  4. Supreme Court backs Trump for now on mail-in voting executive order, but ‘time will tell’


    California and other blue states had warned of “extreme” consequences if the high court approved Trump’s suppressive voting measures ahead of the midterms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to take refuge from all the hideous news anywhere I can find it. Sometimes it is quilting blogs, sometimes gossip blogs. The pharmacist that I trade bad dad jokes with gave me a new one today.
    What do you call a bee who can't make up its mind? A maybe.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that admonition against "seizing the day". I get Steve the Otter content on Facebook, and I know that he's trying his best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know Steve the Otter. I like Homer Blind Wonder Cat.

      Delete