Two service members were killed and another is missing after an Iranian attack in Jordan. Four others were injured. This is on DT's head. This brings the total to 16 Americans killed since he started this war. And so many Iranians, especially those children.
Fell and hurt myself Friday. I didn't break anything, but am badly bruised. Spent a day in urgent care getting x-rayed and CT-scanned. Falls in old people are really the worst. -- nordy
Awww, darn, nordy! Spending a day in Urgent C are is bruising enough, without the bodily harm too! I'm relieved to hear that nothing's broken. It takes so everlasting long to heal after a certain age. Sigh. Growing old is not for sissies.
It's been a rough couple of days for the birds here. Last evening a Thrush hit our kitchen window so hard that it died immediately. I ran to the window to see what had happened (fearing it was one of the Robins nesting there) but as I looked it moved it's little tail downward with its last exhale. Good that it didn't suffer, but it also gave me a wave of Shiloh sadness, given how he died. Today I looked out and a baby Robin had fallen out of the nest onto the porch floor! The parents weren't there, so I zipped out, picked it up, and tucked it back into the nest with its siblings. I also shored up the nest a bit, so they can't spill out so easily. But then I felt badly that I hadn't thought to cradle the chick in my hands for a few moments, because it had felt so cold! They can expire quickly from hypothermia (well, it was 65 degrees, but they don't have much insulation at 4 days old). But it was in with its siblings, then the parent returned and pretty soon they were all set to rights. So at least that saga had a happy ending.
Wil, Eldest and Root*Center*Son sailed clear across Lake Champlain today to Plattsburgh NY, had lunch there, then sailed back. It was fairly windy. so they made excellent time. They also had lunch with the person who sold us the boat. Meanwhile, I was home with the house to myself (and the cats) and had time and focus to sketch my next painting!
Then I heard that Spain beat Argentina in the World Cup. My niece (who lived for 10 years in Madrid) is over the Moon happy!! Younger*Grandson was rooting for Argentina, though, as Lionel Messi is his big hero. So I have divided loyalties. 😉
Apologies for not being around more. It seems like things have been keeping me busy past midnight. Most recently, my friend Jason and my home health nurse, Antonio, have combined to convince me not to take the train to California by myself. Apparently flying by myself is considered safer. Getting the flights in place has been a major headache. Problems started with United not sending me an eticket and multiplied from there.
Note for you, Renee, on the last thread.
ReplyDeleteThe photo out front has a purple cast because I took it at dusk.
ReplyDeleteTwo service members were killed and another is missing after an Iranian attack in Jordan. Four others were injured.
ReplyDeleteThis is on DT's head. This brings the total to 16 Americans killed since he started this war.
And so many Iranians, especially those children.
The Tate brothers have been arrested and extradited to Britain.
ReplyDeleteVideo: They FINALLY Got Arrested!!! - Click
This is good news! Those two should be imprisoned without chance of parole.
DeleteFell and hurt myself Friday. I didn't break anything, but am badly bruised. Spent a day in urgent care getting x-rayed and CT-scanned. Falls in old people are really the worst. -- nordy
ReplyDeleteAwww, darn, nordy! Spending a day in Urgent C are is bruising enough, without the bodily harm too! I'm relieved to hear that nothing's broken. It takes so everlasting long to heal after a certain age. Sigh. Growing old is not for sissies.
DeleteIt's been a rough couple of days for the birds here. Last evening a Thrush hit our kitchen window so hard that it died immediately. I ran to the window to see what had happened (fearing it was one of the Robins nesting there) but as I looked it moved it's little tail downward with its last exhale. Good that it didn't suffer, but it also gave me a wave of Shiloh sadness, given how he died.
ReplyDeleteToday I looked out and a baby Robin had fallen out of the nest onto the porch floor! The parents weren't there, so I zipped out, picked it up, and tucked it back into the nest with its siblings. I also shored up the nest a bit, so they can't spill out so easily. But then I felt badly that I hadn't thought to cradle the chick in my hands for a few moments, because it had felt so cold! They can expire quickly from hypothermia (well, it was 65 degrees, but they don't have much insulation at 4 days old). But it was in with its siblings, then the parent returned and pretty soon they were all set to rights. So at least that saga had a happy ending.
Wil, Eldest and Root*Center*Son sailed clear across Lake Champlain today to Plattsburgh NY, had lunch there, then sailed back. It was fairly windy. so they made excellent time. They also had lunch with the person who sold us the boat. Meanwhile, I was home with the house to myself (and the cats) and had time and focus to sketch my next painting!
ReplyDeleteThen I heard that Spain beat Argentina in the World Cup. My niece (who lived for 10 years in Madrid) is over the Moon happy!! Younger*Grandson was rooting for Argentina, though, as Lionel Messi is his big hero. So I have divided loyalties. 😉
Apologies for not being around more. It seems like things have been keeping me busy past midnight. Most recently, my friend Jason and my home health nurse, Antonio, have combined to convince me not to take the train to California by myself. Apparently flying by myself is considered safer. Getting the flights in place has been a major headache. Problems started with United not sending me an eticket and multiplied from there.
ReplyDelete