Sunday, February 24, 2008

Barack Obama in Texas


Thank you, Karen, for linking this article. I saw it posted over at Booman this morning, and meant to link to it. But it slipped my mind (been that kind of day) so I was glad to be reminded.


"Mr. Obama walks out, left hand stuck in his suit pants pocket, looks around, the klieg lights casting him in a bright glow. After a throat-clearing word or three, he rubs his hands together in anticipation, the crowd tenses, and he says:

“All right. O.K. Let’s go to work here and talk some [big pause] politics!”

YAH! The crowd bounces and roars. So cool! Nothing like a rocking Friday night in Texas.

He lists the arrows that critics sling his way. He’s too hopeful, too inexperienced, not tough enough. At mention of the last, he bobs his head, steps toward the crowd, leans in and says: “Listen, I’m a black guy named Barack Obama running for president. You want to tell me that I’m not tough enough?”

He smirks. “Shoot.”

Haloscan comment thread