Thursday, January 17, 2008

Political "Keep Away"

This is from last night's thread, in which we discussed (among other things) Hillary Clinton and how difficult it would be to vote for her. -Renee

I can't imagine any circumstance where I would be willing to be an accomplice to handing the reins of power over the government and the Democratic Party to her and her bunch. I would honestly rather the GOP win. At least then I wouldn't have to pretend that the government *wasn't* broken and corrupt. She is the anti-Dean. Her crowd is the antithesis of why I got involved in politics. I won't help them destroy everything we have worked for.

The Clintons and Carvilles have played a game for YEARS. The game is Keep-Away. Remember that game? Where the big kids grab something away from you and toss it back and forth above your head taunting you that you can't do anything about it? They played that game with Karl Rove and the GOP - understanding that it didn't matter which one of *them* had "posession". As long as *we* didn't get it, they could keep the game going FOREVER.

Wasn't the game worse when one of the "players" was supposed to be your friend?

Demetrius

Haloscan comment thread