Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday night Charlie update

Update from today - before I go to sleep (exhausted) - yesterday I filed several motions with the Court and served them on the State Attorney prosecuting me (Geoffrey Fleck). He would not meet with me and had me leave them with the desk - even though I stated I was there also to coordinate setting depositions before trial. After all - I have been denied the powers the state has had for the last six months to actual question witnesses in my defense. But he still refused to meet or discuss this with me. So I set the depositions without him. I then got subpoenas for ten individuals - including the Evidence Custodian of the State Attorneys office - you know - to find out what happened to my recorder and recording when it was seized and where its been since and who has had access to it, etc. You know - to establish the chain of evidence.

So after filing a motion to dismiss (stating that no actual violation of law is alleged in the charge ... and that's true!), a notice of appearing pro se, a motion for speedy trial, and my list of witnesses - I also submitted a notice of taking depositions and began serving the subpoenas including that to the State Attorney's office.

Today - Geoffrey Fleck filed a Motion for Protective Order - to protect the State from "the abuses of this defendant" (me). Abuses? Filing motions and serving supboenas for depositions! I guess its abuse to actually try and defend yourself from bogus charges in this country now.

Just figured I'd let you guys in on the update.

Thanks again for everyone's support. I know that Connie and Carol get very excited when the mail comes (or special delivery) and certainly I cannot even put into words my appreciation for all of your help.

Charlie
Charlie Grapski | Homepage | 10.27.06 - 9:32 pm

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment