Sunday, June 25, 2006

Gore continues to "show us the funny"

Cup 'o Joe, in his post, A Terrifying Message from Al Gore, pointed me to this clever ad for An Inconvenient Truth--featuring Bender, the rude robot from Futurama.



"Hello, I'm Al Gore, and I'm here to scare you about global warming. If we don't take immediate action, our planet, Earth, will become a deadly smog ball that chokes out all human life."


"Good! More beer for the robots!"


2D Al Gore goes on about the risks to the Earth, including noxious gasses...


...and then says "It's all in my movie."
Bender: You're in a movie? What do you play? A burned out cop? A streetwise pimp...?
Gore: (deadpan) Yes, I play a streetwise pimp with a hybrid pimpmobile.
Bender: Boooring!

Gore: It's not boring! I'm trying to save us all from certain death!
Bender: "Save us all from certain death." Less talk, more action!"
Gore: You want action? Here's some action!

Voiceover: An Inconvenient Truth. The movie that will make you feel like you should probably do something!

Gore: And don't forget to recycle!

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment